Health & Safety
The health and safety of our trainees is a priority. We work with you to make the process of compliance easy and hassle free.
Companies with TTPL trainees must:
Abide by UK Health and Safety legislation by maintaining their Public and Employers’ Liability insurance cover.
Have a clear Health and Safety policy which is displayed in the work space.
Provide a Health and Safety checklist to TTPL as evidence of adherence to legislation.
Provide a full induction for the trainee that includes as a minimum:
- Tour of the premises
- Introduction to their direct supervisor, work colleagues and management structure
- Explain the fire safety procedure, including exits, evacuation route and gathering point.
- Demonstrate any personal protection clothing or equipment needed for the work placement tasks
- Introduce any Health and Safety and First Aid personnel, identify location of First Aid Kit
- Confirm hours of work, including rota systems if appropriate, rest breaks and lunch times
- Introduce any essential policies, procedures or practices
- Discuss main role and responsibilities and how the work placement fits into the company objectives
- Complete any required paperwork
- Any other instruction or training they may need to fulfil their role
Do contact us if you are unsure or want to talk through any health and safety aspects.