TTPL offers a limited number of paid work placements to participants that meet our strict recruitment criteria. Our employers understand that the participant wishes to improve their English whilst in paid employment and they are treated the same as all other employees in the UK.
The work placement sectors are predominantly within the Hotel and Catering industry but we also have customer service and housekeeping roles across South Devon.
Placements vary in duration from 2 months to 8 months - average stay is 4 months.
Due to the increasing demand for paid work placements TTPL has a stricter approach when recruiting participants for these roles. We expect participants to be able to fulfil most of the criteria below before we assess the application:
- Minimum English language level of B1
- Minimum age 18 years old
- Availability over busy holiday periods (Easter, Summer, UK public holidays)
- Comprehensive CV detailing previous work experience
- Be prepared to undertake a telephone/skype interview after submission of application
- Recent Photograph included in application