Hospitality Programmes in Iceland
Learn a new language and make new friends by working and living on the land amongst Icelanders.
Paid internships are offered from 8 weeks to 12 months in hospitality. Duties may include kitchen work, housekeeping, cooking, catering, maintenance work, reception, laundry, etc. Most placements require flexibility, i.e. work duties in different departments. The placements can be hotels/guesthouses, country hotels, restaurants or cafeterias.
Accommodation can be in the employerʹs house, shared staff apartment/house or a room that is let. Located throughout Iceland, the farms can sometimes be up to an hour’s drive from the nearest town so you'll need to be prepared to live independently.
The most popular dates are April to September but internships are available all year round to the right applicants, so challenge yourself in this unique and amazing environment.
Click here to request information and start dates
- Welcome Pack and information package
- Placement and agreement with employer
- One night accommodation in Reykjavik upon arrival
- Collection and transport to the office of your local contact
- Transport to bus station for travel to your placement
- Accommodation arrangement
- Min salary approx. £1000 per month AFTER deductions of tax, meals & accommodation
- Assistance with registration administration
- Icelandic mobile pre-paid SIM card
- 24/7 support in the UK and locally
- Transport costs
- General living expenses