Agricultural Programmes in Iceland
Learn a new language and make new friends by working and living on the land amongst Icelanders.
Paid internships are offered from 8 weeks to 12 months in agriculture and can be on dairy, mixed, livestock, horse or gardening farms.
Located throughout Iceland, the farms can sometimes be up to an hour’s drive from the nearest town so you'll need to be prepared to live independently.
Some of the placements operate as both a traditional farm and agri-tourism venture, so tasks can be varied and you may be asked to do household chores too.
Work experience is a must (work experience in agriculture is a plus).
The most popular dates are April to September but internships are available all year round so challenge yourself in this unique and amazing environment.
Click here to request information and start dates
- Welcome Pack and information package
- Placement and agreement with employer
- One night accommodation in Reykjavik upon arrival
- Collection and transport to the office of your local contact
- Transport to bus station for travel to your placement
- Accommodation arrangement
- Min salary approx. £1000 per month AFTER deductions of tax, meals & accommodation
- Assistance with registration administration
- Icelandic mobile pre-paid SIM card
- 24/7 support in the UK and locally
- Transport costs
- General living expenses