Language and Prepartion Courses
General English Classes
Small mixed nationality groups led by British Council accredited teachers in a classroom environment. Learning focuses on:
- General, spoken and written English skills.
- Comprehensive grammar
- Reading and listening exercises
- Group communication techniques
- Vocabulary pronunciation and intonation
Flexible 3hr sessions in small groups focusing on the development of general, spoken and written English with an emphasis on Business and workplace environment and etiquette.
- Communication in the workplace
- Social and situational role-play
- Cultural awareness
- Telephone etiquette
Cross Cultural Communication
A programme of development that provides skills and strategies for building successful co-operation, partnerships and teamwork across national and cultural boundaries.
Can be tailored to meet specific needs, from 3 - 18 hours.
- An understanding of other cultures
- Improving relationships, better communication, understanding of how culture affects ethics and priorities
- How to acquire skills and strategies for building successful co-operation across national and cultural boundaries
- Fostering of tolerance, co-operation, ability to adapt in different situations
This is an Apted accredited training course delivered over 18 hours in small groups.
The programme focuses on personal experience, the affects of cultural difference on societies and asks the questions:
- What is culture?
- How does it affect us?
- How does it differ?
- How can we raise cultural awareness?
Communicating with Confidence
A three hour personal improvement programme focusing on:
- Public speaking skills
- Confidence building
- Body Language
- Personal presentation
A three hour programme teaching employability skills that includes:
- Importance of cv’s
- The role of social media
- Interview ideas, do's and dont's
- Transferable skills
- Learning styles